How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4069
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a skin issue in my legs I tried different cream but

Customer Question

I have a skin issue in my legs I tried different cream but it gets better a little and come back it been irritated me for a while I searched about it and some people call it a chicken skin
I need something to get rid of it permanently.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

Creams derived from vitamin A such as topical retinoids work by promoting cell turnover and preventing plugged hair follicles.

Tretinoin and tazarotene are examples of topical retinoids and can help with keratosis pilaris or chicken skin.

you can also see a cosmetic dermatologist for skin laser resurfacing treatment which can help smooth out your skin. that might be your best option for long term cure of the area.

are you willing to see a cosmetic dermatologist for skin laser therapy?