Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a dry itchy spot on my breast and I really need

Customer Question

I have a dry itchy brown spot on my breast and I really need suggestions about the treatment
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: I have this probably for almost one year. At first, it just a small area and the color was really light. I recently moved to a very dry climate area and It's really itchy. So I scratched it a little bit. and then it became bigger and darker. So I stop the scratching and put some itchy-stopping cream on it.
JA: Is there anything else the Dermatologist should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

can you upload a clear jpg photo of the area?

here are instructions

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the photo
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

that is some mild hyperpigmentation.

is that around your nipple or areola?

have you used a regular skin moisturizer on the area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's next to the areola. That's are used to be very dry and tend to peel and cracked. I put the Aveeno itchy cream and other regular body lotion on it. But after I take the shower, that area is still not that soft as other area and if I put lotion. I will be better but still different.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you should see a doctor about it and get a biopsy to check for paget's disease of the nipple.

do you have a doctor you can see to get a skin biopsy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you should get a doctor or a get a dermatologist to look at the area

and get a biopsy of the skin there

to check for paget's disease of the nipple

it is rare, but can present with dry thick scaly scan around the nipple.

it could also be bad eczema which might need prescription steroid cream to help soften the skin.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com