DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I HAD A 3D MAMMO BECAUSE PROBLEMS NEAR MY LEFT NIPPLE I HAVE

Customer Question

HELLO , I HAD A 3D MAMMO BECAUSE I'M HAVING PROBLEMS NEAR MY LEFT NIPPLE I HAVE A,HUGE LUMP UNDER THE SKIN, WHICH THE DR. CALLED A LESION ..SHE SAID THAT I HAVE TO GO SEE A DERMATOLOGIST. ..MY QUESTION IS WHY A DERMATOLOGIST? ??THAT WAS IN JANUARY I STILL HAVEN'T MADE APPT. YET BUT WILL AS SOON AS MY HOUSE RENO IS DONE WHICH SHOULD BE IN A FEW WKS
COULD IT BE PAGETS DISEASE ???
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Since how long are you having this lump?

Can you freely move it under the skin or in the breast?

Is there any discoloration of the overlying skin?

Do you have any symptoms like pain or discomfort?

What does the mammogram report say if you have that with you?

Have you had a biopsy of the lump as yet or no?

Please let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a yr but 1 Dr told me it was probably an infected milk duct...it started to discard at first a white liquid but but months later a black discharge , no odor, yes there is discolor it's red. My nipple n area is,very itchy at times n the lump does not move.The pain that I get is a very sharp pain right in the middle of my nipple it feels like a hot poker.You can see it on the mammo so o also had an ultra sound done.They found a tiny cyst on my right breast ,she said not to worry about it because it's so small.So she said that it looks like,a lesion under my skin n I should see a dermatologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DID NOT HAVE A BYOPSY YET ...THAT'S WHY THAT WANT ME TO SEE A DERMATOLOGIST
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Does not sound like Paget's disease or anything serious.

But the redness that you are describing could be due to allergic reaction to something that you have worn or used as it is very itchy like you mention at times.

Having said that a biopsy is something that will confirm the diagnosis definitively and put your mind to ease.

I would have also had a biopsy of the "lesion" that the doctor described just to be sure.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have systemic lupus and 2 months ago had half of my tyroid removed because I had 2 very large nodules removed .I have hypothyroidism
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Lupus can also cause such a skin lesion, so that is also a cause that needs to be considered.

I do not think that any of this has to do with your thyroid though.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The discoloration is not due to anytHong I am alergic to There is something going on ..N I just couldn't understand why a Dermatologist n not my Lupus,Dr. Or gyno Dr.. Explain please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also around my nipple where this lump is ,my nipple skin is raised
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I make appt to see lupus,Dr. First or Dermatologist? ?? After my questions are answered I will rate you.Thanks
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

I really do not know why a referral to a dermatologist was made.

I am perplexed myself.

But may have been due to the skin rash. May be he thought that this needs to be seen by a skin doctor.

A skin biopsy would also help confirm the diagnosis and rule out anything serious.

I think that an appointment with your rheumatologist (lupus) doctor, may also be well worth it and I would like that you should book an appointment with him as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was confused by the Dr. Sending me to dermatologist. . I don't have any rash of any kind just inflamation
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

I understand, and I am confused as well.

I would have sent you to your lupus doctor first myself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here's the other thing ..When the Dr. Came in to talk to me about the findings from the mammo. She told me that they just found a tiny cyst on the right breast. I asked her about the left breast n she said that there was nothing there. So I told her yes thete is feel this lump, look at my left breast n nipple...The radiologist should me the lump on my mammography. So with that being said,she left the room in a huff. Came back n said that I was going to have an ultra sound, so I did. She came back in said that I have a lesion n go see a Dermatologist
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Hmm that is strange.

I think that you deserved a much clearer explanation.

She should have described the "lesion" a little more for which she has referred you to a skin doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was so confused by now. Before I started all this I went to go see my gyno .She put me on antibiotics for 10 days just in case it was an infection in milk ducts. .it wasn't , so she gave me a scrip to have mammo done...almost 6 months,later I still have the lump n everything that I'm complaining about
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

I understand it is frustrating.

I think it is just a cyst that you are having that is not going away.

I would have also liked to have done a biopsy of the cyst or aspirated the cyst.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cyst that they found is on the,right breast it is,so tiny the radiologist almost missed it
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

But I still do not understand the derma referral.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats,why I'm confused.. So I will make an appt. With my Lupus Dr first n take it from there.which I was going to do anyway. I just thought that you could help me understand why a Dermatologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just spent $50.00 for nothing
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I am a double board certified US doctor.

/What specific question do you still have?