Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have just treated genital wart with acv, i just wanted to

Customer Question

I have just treated genital wart with acv, i just wanted to confirm if the skin is still contagious even after the wart falls off and when is it safe to start having sex, I also have tinny bloody spot on the scrotrum and it doesnt look like wart, I don't know what they are, should i be worried.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

There is no clear cut time period of infectivity with genital warts. That said visible genital warts are most commonly by HPV Types 6 and 11. These types of viruses do not commonly establish long term infection (called ‘latent’ infection) and once the warts are removed if no new warts appear for 6 months or more it is safe to assume that the wart virus has been cleared and you are not infectious anymore.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries