Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I keep getting these 1 off spots on my chin that are painful

Customer Question

I keep getting these 1 off spots on my chin that are painful and they feel like they are full of something and when I try to squeeze them (which I know I shouldn't) they just weep fluid. I don't have acne the rest of my skin is clear. I'm 40 years old and these have only started about 6 months ago. they seem to pop up in the same or similar place. what are they, and how can I get rid of them?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: like what?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

can you upload a clear jpg photo of the face and spot on your chin so I can better help you?

here are intructions.

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pictures attached thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

that doesn't look like acne

it could be a skin fungal infection or eczema or bacterial skin infection.

what are you putting on it?

the photos are not very clear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using benzoyl peroxide. the spot starts off smallish then starts to blister and spread. it never has a yellow head on it but feels like its full of something nasty.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it doesn't look like typical acne.

it may be a skin bacterial infection.

I would see a doctor and get a skin culture to check for bacterial infection of the skin

you might need stronger antibiotic ointments like mupirocin (bactroban) and oral antibitoics to help clear it up

do you have a doctor you can see or a dermatologist who can do a skin culture?