dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

There, my skin is very dry, the skin sometimes peels

Customer Question

Hello there, my skin is very dry, the skin sometimes peels off and easily get burned under the sun and very sensitive to harsh environment. I also have a lot of blood vessels on my face and the skin look very dull. I've seen a dermatologist 3 times but she wasn't really helpful. My concern is I'm afraid that my skin ages quicker than my age. All i want is a fare radiant skin.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Ashley Mires replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, Are you currently on any other medications besides those listed above (including medications that may not seem relevant to the skin)? Has this always been an issue for you, or is it new?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It has been worse when I get older
Have you ever tried a topical medication called triamcinolone? I recommend it. It's often used to treat eczema, and works wonders on dry, sensitive skin. I've just cross referenced a medical journal published in Australia and it seems that common brand names for this medication include Tricortone Cream and Aristocort Cream in your area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else you recommend I would do? Every time I go to see a dermatologist, she asked me to use simple products. She said luxurious brand and other methods doesn't help anything. My question is how come some people have almost perfect skin despite their genes?
Is it the same dermatologist you see every time? Perhaps get a second opinion? If you are having unmanaged symptoms, and her treatment regimen is not working, and she's not listening to your feedback, there's something wrong there.