How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Salama Your Own Question
Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 715
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Michael Salama is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had small skin like bumps on my penis glands that get

Customer Question

I have had small skin like bumps on my penis glands that get Irelrattated for the last 6 months. I tried creams from doctors .it clears it up a little bit keeps reaccuring . They don't it's just tingle more of a smal pain. I have been tested for diseases only came up was hsv1 I got a couple cold sores when I was younger doc doesn't think it's herpes. I notice after a good sex session or a prolonged erection it will hurt the next day . Is this warts , conmuscullus something else
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adding pics
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.
These are known as pearly penile papules which are totally normal and completely harmless. They are not sexually transmitted. You do not need to treat them but if you wish to remove them, a dermatologist can freeze them off.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it normal for them to hurt I also been dealing with high blood pressure and elevated blood sugar. Could this also be playing a rule? I do get a little red on my glands at times
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.
They should not hurt. With elevated blood sugar, it's common to have a fungal infections which can be painful. I would use an OTC antifungal ointment such as clotrimazole 1% twice a day along with hydrocortisone 1% twice a day for 1-2 weeks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U don't think it's herpes or hpv? Did u see the pumps on the glands
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I saw the pictures. It does not look like either herpes or hpv.
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?