Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have small bumps on my upper thighs, in the front only.

Customer Question

I have small white bumps on my upper thighs, in the front only. Not on my calves and nowhere else. They are very prominent in the morning and by evening, they are nearly gone. I have had them for about a week. Any ideas?
JA: The Dermatologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: No changes in soaps or lotions that I know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Can you post a picture please?

What is your age and gender?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at work, so posting a pic is not possible right now. I am a 59 year old female. The bumps do not itch and they are not water filled. Do you have any thoughts without me posting a picture?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Are these bumps or just raised patches on the skin?

What is their size?

What is their color?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are bumps, varying sizes ranging from pinhead size to a bit larger...maybe about the size of a grain of quinoa? They are whiteish in color.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

From the description of symptoms i think that it is most likely herpes outbreak. I would suggest you to get them examined by your doctor once so that exact diagnosis can be made and treatment can be started. You might need swab test to confirm the diagnosis and you do not need to be worried as it is treatable condition.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what type of "herpes outbreak" are you referring to??
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Herpes simplex 2 can appear on buttocks and can appear as rash, bumps or white heads and may or may not have tingling sensation. It can appear as clusters. But this diagnosis is not final it might be just simple white heads or pimple so thorough examination is needed.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Wish you good health.