Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have one lesion that has formed on my testicles. It is

Customer Question
I have one lesion that...
I have one lesion that has formed on my testicles. It is about 3 mm across, has no pain or itch, and I never Experienced any tingling on the location of the lesion. i noticed it while laying in bed with my hand on my scrotum and noticed a "bump/lump" like a pimple or ingrown hair would. I popped it partially and got a semi solid discharge like would come from a whitehead on the tip of ones nose. I hav continued to pick at and squeeze the location due to there being no pain and freaking that it might be herpes. Additionally, I was able to locate a hair and remove it on Monday evening while picking at it. It is now Wednesday and the location has slightly reduced however it is still there and has not gone away as fast as a normal pimple/ingrown hair would. Is this more likely my own irritation causing it to remain or does it sound like herpes? I am waiting on blood test results but I have read that this could be innacurate if I was infected recently. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
4/27/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician

Hello Welcome to JA. You have a sebaceous cyst formed on your scrotum. The white stuff you expressed was a collection of dead skin cells and white cells that formed from an inflammatory reaction. Sebaceous cysts form in the gland that surrounds the hair shaft, when you pulled the shaft, that opened up the pore and you were able to relieve the pressure. This is not HIV or herpes or any viral infection. Herpes are clear vesicles or blisters with reddish basis, and rarely form on the scrotum itself. You also have marked lymph node swelling in the groin with herpes, and pain in the inguinal area.

If all the sebum from the sebaceous cyst has been expressed, you need to use triple antibiotic ointment on the open pore. Use warm compresses to open the pore more and hopefully it will continue to drain and heal. Please get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply. Or if satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks Dr Frank

Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician