DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

Doctor my mom had a mites problem on her skin almost

Customer Question

hello, doctor
my mom had a mites problem on her skin almost two years. It is only on her chin and nose. The skin is very red and has something on it. How can we solve this problems?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.
HelloMites usually do not infect the chin and nose.First you need a diagnosis from her doctor.A sample needs to be sent to the lab to see exactly what this is.Treatment is based on lab results, not guesswork.If you have any more information on lab results, etc. let me know. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the photos of her face, can you help me to see it?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.
Yes this does not look like mites.It looks like severe eczema.She needs to see a doctor, preferably a dermatologist in person.I hope you are not trying to treat this.It will need a sample to the lab, and prescription medication based on lab results.It can also be chronically infected and might need antibiotic gel. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.