How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. S. Attili Your Own Question
Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 5175
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. S. Attili is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am obese and have a white(ish) scaley skin coat on my

Customer Question

I am obese and have a white(ish) scaley skin coat on my legs.... It call it cauliflowered or alligator skin.... Can you tell me what it actually is and how I can reduce or get rid of it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction.

Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?

Here are the site's instructions if you need help doing that:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
attached is a pic of one leg.... they are both pretty much the same from the ankle to just below the knee and all the way around...
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. How long have you had this for? Is it itchy? Have you tried any creams or tablets for it so far? DO you take any medications regularly for anything else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it several years... it doesn't itch very much.. not used anything on it..... and i take 2 blood pressure medicines.... Amlodopine and Benaziprine(sp?)
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.

Ok. This looks like a condition called ichthyosis which in other words just means dry skin. I would suggest the following to treat this: 1. Eucerin 10% urea cream massaged thoroughly into the skin 3-4 times daily 2. Diprosalic ointment (only available on prescription) applied twice daily. I would suggest trying these for 6-8 weeks. If there is inadequate improvement, you can ask your doctor to prescribe a tablet called Acitretin and take it as 25mg once daily for 3-6 months. This is nothing serious though and therefore if it is not bothering you, you can just stick to topical therapy. Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Best wishes

Related Dermatology Questions