Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

Have a sore that is not painful that is located under head

Customer Question

Have a sore that is not painful that is located under head of penis that appeared after sweating a lot while working in a very hot plant
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a very small almost like it was a blister on healing process now never hurt or anything just noticed when in the shower
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dermatologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have a picture as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no other issues at all except for this that caught me off guard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a better view
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anyways working in a hot plant my job requires me to walk around the plant and observe I was hot sweaty chaffing as well the tip of my penis got raw as well due to the heat and rubbing against underwater the tip is fine now looks perfect but then a week later I just noticed this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My sexual history been with my wife for 10 years neither of us has been outside our marriage sexually however this worried me if std why 10 years later
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction.
Sorry, all the images are either dark or out of focus. Can you try taking the pictures again in brighter lighting please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is it I can see these pictures just fine relocate your self doctor and look again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lat picture I am posting

I can see the ulcer, but it is not quite in focus to give you a definitive diagnosis. It would be much better if you can zoom out a little and take the photo under bright lighting against a dark background. If that is not possible, no worries- I shall discuss the possibilities and advise accordingly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am un able to I am currently working can you discuss the possobilities of this ulcer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also looked at pictures of herpes and it really doesn't look like any of the pictures out there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can also try and get a better picture to you around 06:00 hours eastern standard time when I am off shift
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But for now can you discuss the possibility

Ok. Tell me- is the ulcer sore or itchy? When is it that it developed exactly?Is it getting bigger?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never was sore or Itchy didn't know it was there till yesterday. Doesn't appear to be getting bigger more or less scabbed over now to heal

ok. Strange that you wouldn't know such a large lesion, if it was there prior. I suspect it must have recently appeared. Have you taken any new meds recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not on any medsPicture of it currently
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't hurt to pee either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do mastrubate a lot as well could it be just irritation and skin tear?

Thanks. This picture is much better. This definitely looks infective. If you have had no new sexual contacts and neither has your partner, unlikely to be herpes or any other STD as none of them would occur without recent sexual exposure. In all probability you must have just traumatised the area during masturbation and it got infected subsequently. Just apply neosporin ointment 4 times a day for a week and it should settle. Not to worry.

Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advise as required. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To your expertise does this look like herpes or should neosporin will do the trick?

Well, it could be herpes- but extremely unlikely given your negative sexual history. Neosporin should do the trick. Keep me posted