Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I just noticed, a lump on my lower back left side, about 3

Customer Question
inches from my spine, and...
I just noticed, a lump on my lower back left side, about 3 inches from my spine, and just below my ribs
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: It kind of feels like a small knot, but don't think there is muscle in that spot
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: It's not very painful, but it feels deep
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
4/8/2016
Dermatologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and thanks for the query.

Is it soft and boggy to touch?

Can you post a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, it's under the skin,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a dull radiating pain in that area

Thanks for the reply.

If it is soft to touch then it can be a lipoma, a collection fat that is benign and can be taken out by surgery as a day case under local anesthesia.

Having said that, lumps and bumps are clinical diagnosis. If there is no tenderness, redness and if it is not hot to touch, then it is not anything to have seen at the ER or the Urgent Care.

I would suggest that you have this seen by your physician for a physical examination and an ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor