How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. S. Attili Your Own Question
Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 5175
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. S. Attili is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am suffering painful red itchy lumps on foreskin but i

Customer Question

I am suffering painful red itchy lumps on foreskin but i have been cleared of all stds
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have a skin rash all over me that formed with this they are only on my foreskin
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: They only hurt when i masterbate
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction.
Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a picture for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope that helps
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Are they painful or itchy or both? How long have you had them for? Do you have a rash on the rest of your body? Are you in a relationship or had a new sexual partner recently? Do they have any similar symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are painfully i have had them for a month and no no sexual partners i have been cleared of stis and stds only recently and my last partner had no symptoms and yes i do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have a rash over my body
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.
Can you upload pictures of that rash please? Which all body parts are affected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the rash
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Ok. Your history and pictures are very strongly suggestive of scabies.

The best way to treat scabies is with permethrin cream. You can get permethrin 5% lotion over the counter. However everyone in the house needs to apply the cream head down to the toes, twice, a week apart, as per instructions in this website below.

In addition, to help with the itch, I would recommend the following:

1. Calamine lotion applied 3-4 times a day

2. Cortisone cream applied twice a day

3. Benadryl tablets 6hrly as required, to stop the itch.

This is nothing serious and should clear up with treatment.

Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Please do not hesitate to ask. Best wishes.