How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Salama Your Own Question
Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 715
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Michael Salama is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have itchy skin my inner thighs and firearms mostly. But

Customer Question

I have itchy skin my inner thighs and firearms mostly. But my lower legs and butt itch sometimes as well. My PCP gave me terbinafine which didn't seem to help. He also ran three blood test metabolic panel CBC and a liver test all which came back normal. He did tell me my skin is abnormally dry for only being 26. My neck and feet never really itch and I have had a dermatologist tell me I have dyschydrotic eczema before on my hands. Please help this is driving me nuts for months now. It's not always bad and it went away a couple times for a few days. Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what medications have you already tried?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the terbinafine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've used it for almost a week now
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.

Ok so I would use vaseline or a cream such as Eucerin twice daily to moisturize and to relieve itching. You may also use an OTC cream such as hydrocortisone 1%. If that it is not strong enough you may need a prescription strength steroid cream.

Let me know if you have other questions.

If done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Salama" in the medicine category if you have any other questions

Thanks for using

Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.

Can I help you with anything else?