How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 46365
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm having tickling sensation inside my groin area, Its just

Customer Question

I'm having tickling sensation inside my groin area
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Its just a tickling sensation along with irritation far as itching & pinching & sometimes its like a really mild burn when I urine.its also like for a couple of hrs or some days I don't have none of these symptoms... Like it comes & goes
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No that's pretty much it ...I just wanna know immediately how to get cured for this
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

are you a man or woman?

you could be passing a small kidney stone which can cause some tickling sensation in your groin and also some burning when you urinate.

you could also possibly have a urinary tract infection

alcohol and caffeine sometimes can irritate the bladder and cause burning.

do you have a doctor you can see who can check your urine for infection and microscopic red blood cells?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need more info ...I need to be cured immediately... Its becoming really annoying & stressful
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a male
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you want me to cure you online without being able to see you and run tests?

that is a tall order.

do you drink alcohol, caffeine?

how much water are you drinking in a day?

you could have an inguinal hernia.

you could have a strained groin muscle

any heavy lifting recently?

do you have health insurance to be able to see a doctor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I do drink but not alot like how I use to I'll say maybe 2 beers a week... I do heavy lifting mainly @ work I do drink water but not often...I drink more juice & Gatorade more than anything...caffeine every now & than....what is inguinal hernia? Can it be cured if that's what I have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
N yes I do have health insurance
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

an inguinal hernia is when due to increased intrabominal pressure and weakness of your lower abdominal muscles and inguinal canal, a small loop of bowel gets pressed through your inguinal canal into your scrotum. this can be painful and cause pain when you bear down in your abdomen.

because you do heavy lifting, you could have strained your groin or hip flexor muscles which is a small muscle which is often not stretched or strengthened in most men. this pulled or strained groin muscle can cause pain and tingling or itching or pain in your groin area.

or you could be passing a small kidney stone possibly which can make its way down your kidney into your bladder and can be irritating when you urinate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK so if I do have inguinal hernia or small kidney it contagious ?& can it be cured?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

these are not congagious

yes, they can be cured.

small kidney stones usually pass out in your urine when you drink lots of water.

an inguinal hernia would require surgery to be corrected.

but you would need a doctor's examination to know if you have that.

I can't examine you over the internet.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I sure would.. thanks alot..I'm waiting to see a doctor now...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area to leave positive 3-5 star feedback?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I actually don't see it
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

the ratings area is either above or below the chat box

you might have to call customer service if you are having difficulty leaving feedback for my help

US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok well I'll give customer service a call thanks again!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome

thanks for using