How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 64984
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has flat red places (spots) on her legs. They

Customer Question

My daughter has flat red places (spots) on her legs. They started on one leg and now she has a couple on the other. They are not itchy or painful or really cause any discomfort. Here PCP thinks it may be fungal. She had gotten sick and was given a steriod injection and for a while the spots decreased in size but then came back.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She has not outstanding medical history. She was put on vitamin D after having some bloodwork done. After taking the vitamins for a while she said her lower leg was kind of sore so she stopped taking the vitamins and a few weeks later the redness appeared. She had a baby last April.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dermatologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.


Please attach a picture here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is my answer?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.


First of all

Can you attach a picture so I can see those spots.

Did you see my last request?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a picture and I'm at work. I just wasted 40 bucks.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

We can do it without a picture.

I am here to help, and you have not asked a specific question, not in your original post.

So, please describe, again, the spots as best you can.

The doctor has diagnosed this as fungal, her doctor apparently.

What is YOUR question exactly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is what could these be? Fungal doesn't sound right but if it is fungal what would a person do about it? Should it be biopsied? My daughter s 29 years old.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.


She should apply an anti fungal cream such as chlortirmazole for up to two weeks, but should see it getting better after one week or less.

IF that does not work, she should see a dermatologist.

this might provide a better diagnosis on the spot. If not the dermatologist is the best one to do a small biopsy.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.