How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 45931
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bold spot ,where I part my hair it looks like 1/2

Customer Question

I have a bold spot ,where I part my hair it looks like 1/2 in on top of hair. what can do about it I had a little spot on my left side but now it looks I am thining out,i am I am 50 years old ,female {{{ i' m worried }}}'
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you have this bald spot.

you should see a doctor to get your blood levels checked for iron, ferritin, B12, vitamin D, biotin, thyroid hormone levels which can all affect hair loss.

you might need to go on supplements to boost these levels if they are low

you can also use Rogaine for women over the counter to help improve hair growth in bald spot areas as well

do you have a doctor you can see to get some blood testing.

have you heard of Rogaine for women before?