How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 5181
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have the following symptom: The area above genital are is

Customer Question

I have the following symptom:
The area above genital are is swollen (I think). Stretching the skin at where legs and body connects, there are dented dark spots. I can also feel the dent I was touching it. No other noticeable discomfort.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dent area appears to be more fragile that skins in the surrounding area. The dent will bleed if I rub.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Updating with 2 pictures
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.


Have you tried any medications?

Do you have itching/ burning sensation in affected part?

Is skin flaky/scaly?

Have you in past developed such symptoms?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't tried any medicationsThe skin doesn't have any feelings, but I do have some burning feelings inside where the swollen area is.The skin is not flaky. It is thiner than normal.I never had this symptoms.Another thing is that the head of the penis turns pale.Can this be STD?Thank you.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, from the description and after looking pictures, it sounds to be caused by fungus- tinea cruris. This is usually not serious and can be managed with medications.

The line of treatment is-
OTC anti fungal creams Canesten 1% cream ,it contains the active ingredient clotrimazole. This cream should be applied 2-3 times a day.
You should take tablet Claritin (loratadine) 10 mg at night daily for 10 days to reduce the itching.

You can take OTC Motrin 400mg twice a day. This will reduce inflammation of skin. You can Apply cream containing hydrocortisone.

You should wear loose fitting cotton undergarments, You should avoid sharing cloths, towels, wash cloths, and you should keep the groin areas completely dry after showering and before covering with clothes.

To be honest and from my clinical experience, i can say that your symptoms are not related with STD or any other serious issue. No need to get panic.

Most likely in one week, you would be free from symptoms.

This doesn't sound to be STD. No need to worry.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business