Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

I started coloring my hair in 2013. Nov 2014 I noticed a

Customer Question

I started coloring my hair in 2013. Nov 2014 I noticed a patch of dandruff on my scalp and it has not and will not go away. I have pictures of it...it's painful and it itches.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a pic
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

It looks like a patch or tinea capitis ...that is a fungal skin infection in the scalp...you may have some benefit to use Nizoral shampoo daily but these can be stubborn and your doctor may also prescribe a course of an oral antifungal tablet to take ...

This combination would be the most effective

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Isn't that ringworm? Here's a recent pic. As of today

Hello again,

Yes ringworm is the common name for this condition ( it is not actually a worm of course )

A topical antifungal shampoo (such as Nizoral ) plus an oral antifungal pill ( such as Lamisil tablet daily --- that is by prescription although you can get shampoo over the counter )

These should clear it up for you

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if I may be of further help

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD