How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 64645
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is a question in regard to a dermatological -

Customer Question

This is a question in regard to a dermatological - veneorological issue i have. I am really concerned about some redness on tip of the glans as well as redness at the bottom of the glans. Been battling this for few months now and looks like it’s getting worse and glans gets very dry and redness increasing and does not go away.
I am not circumcised and when pull up the foreskin it looks like it’s glued to the glan of the penis. There are also some white dry flaky patches on penis skin and under the glan as well.
I have been tested for STD's and panel came back all negative. So I did a urine test recently to check for a UTI and waiting to hear back on the next couple of days;
Additional symptoms:
- occasional burning when urinating
- increased redness of meatus of a penis which is painful when rubbed gently . Also skin on glans has felt rough lately and I noticed when foreskin is pulled the skin of the glan looks almost wrinkled
- I've noticed there is some increased redness under the head of the penis on the foreskin. In addition, the rim has a darker red color, more like purple.
- when erect, there appears to be a lot of irritation on the glans and area above & under the rim; also noticed increased presence of veins along the shaft and especially in the area under the head of the penis.
I've tried over the counter clotrimazole cream for about a week and a half and that has not made any difference in the symptoms. Need some help and guidance from this point. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can i add photos to this discussion?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.


Attach a picture here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have attached few pictures. i have also noticed that under the glans rim there are red areas one on the left and one on the right that can be painful . let me know your thoughts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no sexual contact for some time as i am trying to figure out what is going on.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Nothing here indicates any STD in the pictures.

Simple irritation only.

You should have the urethra swabbed by your doctor to make sure you don't have "off" bugs such as ureaplasma.

Otherwise, a daily ivory soap scrub externally.

You can also use homeopathic calendula cream, 3 times a day for 2 days, or until improvement, whichever comes first, then only as needed.

I am assuming your doctor has examined this.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my doctor has not examined this yet. which doctor should see me at this point an urologist, dermatologist ?i have also used homeopathic calendula cream before using the OTC clotrimazole creams but it does not see to reduce the redness and discomfort.what other test do you recomend be performed to get to the bottom of this?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Internal medicine would be best.

The others are OK , either one.

Urologist more than dermatologist.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after i have given a rating, for how long i can keep this discussion board open, if i want to come back with additional questions?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

You can always come back if you forgot something.