Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

This is a question in regard to a dermatological -

Customer Question
veneorological issue i have....
This is a question in regard to a dermatological - veneorological issue i have. I am really concerned about some redness on tip of the glans as well as redness at the bottom of the glans. Been battling this for few months now and looks like it’s getting worse and glans gets very dry and redness increasing and does not go away.
I am not circumcised and when pull up the foreskin it looks like it’s glued to the glan of the penis. There are also some white dry flaky patches on penis skin and under the glan as well.
I have been tested for STD's and panel came back all negative. So I did a urine test recently to check for a UTI and waiting to hear back on the next couple of days;
Additional symptoms:
- occasional burning when urinating
- increased redness of meatus of a penis which is painful when rubbed gently . Also skin on glans has felt rough lately and I noticed when foreskin is pulled the skin of the glan looks almost wrinkled
- I've noticed there is some increased redness under the head of the penis on the foreskin. In addition, the rim has a darker red color, more like purple.
- when erect, there appears to be a lot of irritation on the glans and area above & under the rim; also noticed increased presence of veins along the shaft and especially in the area under the head of the penis.
I've tried over the counter clotrimazole cream for about a week and a half and that has not made any difference in the symptoms. Need some help and guidance from this point. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
how can i add photos to this discussion?
3/7/2016
Dermatologist: DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath replied 2 years ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath

Hello

Attach a picture here

i have attached few pictures. i have also noticed that under the glans rim there are red areas one on the left and one on the right that can be painful . let me know your thoughts.
no sexual contact for some time as i am trying to figure out what is going on.

Nothing here indicates any STD in the pictures.

Simple irritation only.

You should have the urethra swabbed by your doctor to make sure you don't have "off" bugs such as ureaplasma.

Otherwise, a daily ivory soap scrub externally.

You can also use homeopathic calendula cream, 3 times a day for 2 days, or until improvement, whichever comes first, then only as needed.

I am assuming your doctor has examined this.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

my doctor has not examined this yet. which doctor should see me at this point an urologist, dermatologist ?i have also used homeopathic calendula cream before using the OTC clotrimazole creams but it does not see to reduce the redness and discomfort.what other test do you recomend be performed to get to the bottom of this?

Internal medicine would be best.

The others are OK , either one.

Urologist more than dermatologist.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily

after i have given a rating, for how long i can keep this discussion board open, if i want to come back with additional questions?

You can always come back if you forgot something.