Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I've had a mole on my upper thigh since I was a child - i…

Customer Question
Hi. My name is...

Hi. My name is ***** ***** had a mole on my upper thigh since I was a child - i can't remember how old exactly - I just remember it always being there from quite a young age. It is quite large (maybe 7mm) is only slightly raised, is light pink in colour, only slightly irregularly shapes but is mainly a sort of an oval shape - the same shape I always remember it being and has a few hairs growing through it. From what I can tell, it has not changed in shape or colour, it has never bled and is not itchy or painful. I am just wanting to know if this is something I should be concerned about?

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Nope, just the above, there are no issues. I am just curious as to whether I should go and see someone about it. It's been there since I was young, and I have been told that moles that grow in childhood are usually not cause for concern unless they start changing.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
The attached photo is of the mole on my thigh.
I thought it might be useful for you.
Also, I am female and 30 years old.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/4/2016
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Do you have any more pics?

Just that one.

No, if it hasn't changed at all this is nothing to worry about

and it looks totally benign as well

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply