Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I am a 49 yr old male I have a spot on my knee and my foot

Customer Question
I am a 49 yr...
I am a 49 yr old white male I have a spot on my knee and my foot
and was wondering if there indicative of any problems. They don't itch there round
and look like the very mild psoriasis I get on elbows rarely.
Been there about 3-4 weeks I've tried MSM lotion lotrisone cream and bactraban no change.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
3/4/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to
provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?
You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link
Other method of uploading photo or a file is:
1.Click the paperclip icon
2.Click the Browse icon
3.Click the Browse button
4.Select your file and click Open
5.Click OK
6.Click Insert
7.Click Save Changes on this page
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not
substitute a Doctor ­ Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I add pic on IOS?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I may have to do it tomorrow when I am at a pc

Do you have a photobucket account ?

Do you see a paper clip attachment in the chat ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No to both but I have used the paper clip b4 on a pc. So I know what your talking about

So will you be able to send me paper clip tomorrow ?

Please do let me know if you have any further query.

I am awaiting a response from your end.

I would happy to help you.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Thank you very much for the photo provided.

The spot does look like a patch of psoriasis.

This is not indicative of any other infection or anything sinister. Do not worry .

I would suggest you to use the following:

Mix and apply Neosporin ointment and Aveeno 1% hydrocortisone on the area twice a day for atleast 1 week.

Do take over the counter Vitamin E daily to help heal the skin.

Use Cetaphil Cleansing lotion to cleanse the area.

Use Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream once at in the evening on the area daily for around 1 month.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Please note that you will get the above creams over the counter.

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist