Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

33yr old w/m no past significant medical history. I've been…

Customer Question
Hello, 33yr old w/m no...
Hello, 33yr old w/m no past significant medical history. I've been involved in a monogamous relationship for over 9yrs. Sunday I noticed a flat, moist, red spot just below the head of my penis. Further inspection. Showed several other areas of redness that appeared to be bumps. There was no pain or discomfort until I continued to manipulate the areas. I also noticed later in the evening the red spot either had a scab or crusty tissue. No puss/fluid filled lesions were observed. Looking for information. See attached pictures.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
I should note similar red areas appeared approximately 8 months ago
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/4/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to
provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Do you have swelling of the lymph nodes in the groin ?
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not
substitute a Doctor ­ Patient Consultation in Clinic

None that I've noticed
Just felt nothing feels swollen or sore

Thank you very much for your reply sent.

There is no pain , no blisters , no discharge , no scab formation , no clustering.

There is no indication of an STD nor is there any sign of a wart / hpv genital wart or herpes.

There is nothing to worry . This looks more like a benign yeast cell inflammation . You can treat the area with local application of Lotrimin lotion on the area twice a day for 10 days.

Use Cetaphil cleansing lotion to cleanse the area .

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Please do let me know if you have any further query.

I am awaiting a response from your end.

I would happy to help you.

Regards

Dr Pravin

in your opinion nothing to be worried about. Even if it happened once before?

Not unless you painful clustered erosion.

Did you get any of those in the past ?

No
It appeared the same shiny red spots no blisters or anything of the such

Definitely nothing to worry .