How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 65319
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm having an issue determining what exactly I have going

Customer Question

Hey. I'm having an issue determining what exactly I have going on. It's an irritation on my penis. There is a big red irritation on my scrotum leading half way up my shaft and then red spots that stagger above it. Some spots are starting to scab. Not sure if herpes.. yeast infection.. possibly balantitis. Don't know. Hope you can help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.


Painful blisters that break open and scab are typical of herpes.

red irritation that is spreading is more typical of fungal.

You will need an exam. Herpes needs a swab test to diagnose.

I can also look at a picture right here.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.