Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Please help is this herpes it's painful only noticed it yday

Customer Question
Please help is this herpes...
Please help is this herpes it's painful only noticed it yday I did put some steroid and fungal crew and noticed it after
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/1/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have recent history of sexual exposure ?

Are you on any medications ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No not for a long time I went to a doc yday and he said problem only fungal apply miconazole and hydrocortisone I did and in the evening I noticed this and was in pain now in the morning no pain but still there could it be syphilis herpes exposure over 6 yrs ago

Thank you very much for the reply.

No , there is no sign of herpes nor is there any sign of fungal infection on the area.

It looks like a small area of frictional burn or erosion. There is nothing that indicates an infection in the photos provided.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but its quite painful - a doc looked over everything yesterday and i applied some steroid cream even now its quite painful and i have had to take pain killers should i go for the swab test and have it sorted out properly i am very confused i was told if there is a lesion and its painful then it will be herpes/syphilus

Yes , I do agree with the fact that there would be lesions on the area with pain then it qualifies as herpes. Syphilis presents as painless nodule.

Do you have any new skin lesions that have come?

Do you get pain or burning while passing urine ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here are some more picture could this erosion be due to the used of a steroid cream I have only applied
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no pain on urination and no new skin lesion this si the only one and i check myself everyday and this is the only one that I have seen its when i roll my foreskin right down that i can see it but how can i have a dr check me then all of a sudden i find this lesion it makes no sense

Did you have any friction on the area prior to the appearance of this ?

This does not look like any STD for sure.

Has the doctor prescribed you something for the pain ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no ive been taking brufen and paracetamol to control pain there was no pain when i was with the doctor only at 7pm last night i just do not understand could it be allergic reactiion to dakatcort?

why were you taking dakatcort ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the dr said that i have some inflammation on my testicles which is not std related prob eczema psoriasis and i said i get a slight itch on the shaft so he said apply but i think i applied a bit to much on the shaft at around 1.30pm and i noticed this at around 7.30pm

I do not believe this can be due to Dakatcort as it will not give you so much pain.

The pain is in penis or the testicles ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the pain is at the tip of the penis even now if i touch the area it does not hurt so much but yday v painful and made me very worried

So now you are not getting much pain ?

This pain is more on erection ?

Is it more after urine ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a little after urine - pain down because of painkillers i think i should just get a swab test
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no pain on erection

Ok thank you .

This shows that there is some level of erosion which may be paining after you pass urine.

You can take a swab test from the area to be sure.

regards

Hello

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

I am awaiting a response from your end.

Do let me know . I would be happy to help.

Awaiting your response.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Hello

Do you still have your concern ?

Please do let me know. I am awaiting a response from your end. Thank you

Regards

Dr Pravin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Dr I have these spot on the underside of my shaft can u help in telling me what they can be
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went to my dr but he said they are not and std but they are still there very worried please help

Thank you for your query .

They are 100 percent not STD.

They look more like Milia which are related to lack of exfoliation of skin cells. They will need to be removed out by extraction. Other option is they are self resolving so you can wait till they fall off on their own.

Do let me know if you have any further queries .

Thank you for your query .

They are 100 percent not STD.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your help!!
dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist