Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

I need some help regarding a skin condition. My fingers,

Customer Question

Hi! I need some help regarding a skin condition. My fingers, hands and arms itch uncontrollably and I think is getting worse. I have tried an eczema oil that's homeopathic and that's helped but its not taking the clear bumps and rashbtgat occurs after itchy to go away. This is getting really hard to live with and has spread to my arms. I thought it was eczema but I don't think it is.
I am a very clean person with OCD so I don't understand what I have
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Pravin,It's very nice to meet you. I have noticed this a couple of months ago and was using another type of essential oil plus coconut oil and it went away but, I had to apply it a few times a day and I also put gloves on to keep the oil on my hands but, now I am out in the LA area where its warmer and I just look silly wearing gloves especially this time of year here.
Its extremely itchy from time to time and sometimes feels tingly or like there are bugs crawling under my skin. I am sure there aren't but I just feel insecure about it.On my arms I itched so much that I broke out in the rash. Its so embarrassing. Please help fix my problem.I also use homeopathic remedies. I am not one to use any kind of pharmaceuticals.Thank you for your time,
Nicole Smith
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for the reply and the photo sent.

There is a disturbance in the barrier of the skin and hence that is what is causing the inflammation and redness as you can see. There are red plaques seen on the knuckles and now that eczema is increasing the spread to the arms.

I would suggest you to use a skin barrier cream called Cetaphil Restoraderm Moisturizer cream on the area . this would help healing the area as you can improve the barrier function of the skin .

You can also use something very mild called Cortaid lotion which you can use to remove the redness and inflammation within 5 days. After 5 days you can stop and use Vitamin E oil daily on the area along with the Cetaphil moisturizer mentioned above.

Do you tend to wash you hands frequently ?

What is the nature of your work ?

What soap do you use to wash the utensils , or even the hands ?

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wash my hands quite frequently.. Normally ibyse organic soap but when I am traveling I use the poison soap from the trucks stops. I am an international model and fashion designer so I am always in the spotlight.A couple months ago is when it started only on my hands and fingers but I used my own coconut oil blended with essential oils and it went away but recently the past 3 weeks I've been under a lot of stress and going from the cold weather in the East Coast to the west coast I noticed it came back and is now on my forearms and in the creases of my arms in which I scratched so much that I gave myself a red rash. Does the eczema ever really go away? And how do I know which type of eczema it is?
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I would suggest you to avoid the poison soap and organic soap for now.

Use Aderma to wash your hands for now . You can also use the Cetaphil cleansing lotion to wash your hands.

Yes , eczema goes away with time . Yours is called Chronic Hand eczema ( Atopic eczema ) which is common due to weather changes related to humidity levels.

Avoid washing hands very frequently will help the rash clear faster.

Do try the above over the counter mentioned creams to help heal the area faster.

Do you want me to release the rating service application on your page so you can provide me a feedback for my opinion provided ?

Regards

Dr Pravin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Yes please release the rating service application.Thank you and please enjoy your week!
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

I have released the rating service application on your page.

Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided

Warm Regards

Dr Pravin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I will!Also are there any creams or herbel remedies you recommend to clear my skin? Or oils?
And do you recommend I put the lotions on a few times a day?
And also sleep in gloves for my hands?
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

I would advise you to sleep in gloves just three days a week to avoid over occlusion. Use plain 100% cotton gloves .

You can put the lotions twice a day

what creams do you want me to suggest ?

To clear which skin on the body ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just sleep in the gloves 3 days a week? Not every night? Why is that exactly?Any homeopathic creams?To clear my fingers, hands, and arms please.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

You should avoid sleeping in gloves daily as the daily occlusion would result in getting fungal infections due to the moisture underneath the gloves. Airing the area three days a week would help.

You can use Aloe vera based creams /Olive oil on the area.
The other option is to apply Shea butter based products from Neutrogena or Body shop.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I understand now but after I shower put the lotion and creams on because eczema doesn't like water especially really hot water?
This will be hard for me as I like taking hot showers, baths and wash my hands frequently but that's okay I need to learn to deal with it now.
I just recently noticed it. A couple of months ago. I never had it before in my life.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

The best time to moisturize is just within 3 minutes of bathing . You should apply the lotions on damp skin in liberal amounts.

It absorbs best into the skin.

It would go away with regular routine use of moisturizers

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am awaiting a response from your end.

Do let me know . I would be happy to help.

Awaiting your response.

Regards

Dr Pravin