Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I was in the hospital this past wed for kidney stones and…

Customer Question
I was in the...

I was in the hospital this past wed for kidney stones and developed a square rash around where the IV site was located in my left arm. Is it possible I'm just allergic to the Clear Sticky Patch they put over the IV to hold it in place or should I go back to get it checked out. No none Allergies

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/28/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to
provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?
You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link
Other method of uploading photo or a file is:
1.Click the paperclip icon
2.Click the Browse icon
3.Click the Browse button
4.Select your file and click Open
5.Click OK
6.Click Insert
7.Click Save Changes on this page
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not
substitute a Doctor ­ Patient Consultation in Clinic

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj592/Frank_Corteal/Mobile%20Uploads/20150411_164338_zpswoxukdxx.jpgIt's basically just a square rash that formed around where my IV was put in. I do have a dull pain in my elbow and the rash is fairly itchy.
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj592/Frank_Corteal/Mobile%20Uploads/20160227_142323_zpsoqalfaq9.jpg.That last link goes to the wrong picture..

Thank you very much for the photo and the clarification .

Yes hit is an allergy to the Clear sticky patch that they put to hold the IV in place.

You should use Over the counter Cortaid and Neosporin ointment on the area which are to be mixed and applied twice a day for 10 days

You can take over the counter Claritine 10 mg at night to help heal the area faster.

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Hello

I am awaiting a response from your end.

Do let me know . I would be happy to help.

Awaiting your response.

Regards

Dr Pravin