Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have notice since late 2015 that there are Dark Spots on…

Customer Question
Hello, I have notice since...
Hello, I have notice since late 2015 that there are Dark Spots on my back, legs, behind the knee, and on my butt. At first they itched but that has stop, only sometimes they will itch. Can you please tell me what it is???? Need Help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
2/27/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Dr. Pravin, I'll send the picture to you on Monday.

from the history that you have mentioned it looks like you may be having lichen planus.

However , I would need a photo to confirm that .

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Good day Dr. Parvin;This is Asta, I am trying to forward to you a picture of the dark spots like you have requested of me, however, I am unable to do so, for the reason when I click on the link you sent to me at www.photobucket.com, it tells me This Web-Page is unavailable.Is there an e-mail that perhaps I may be able to forward to you the picture?Awaiting your response.Thanking you in advance

Do you see an attachment clip above your chat ?

Would you be able to upload it there.

You can send me on***@******.*** .

You can address it to Dr pravin. However please note that it would take 2 to 3 days for the email for me to receive the email.

It would be faster for me to receive through the paper clip attachment.

Thanks

Hello

I am awaiting a response from your end.

Do let me know . I would be happy to help.

Awaiting your response.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Hello

Do you still have your concern ?

Please do let me know. I am awaiting a response from your end. Thank you

Regards

Dr Pravin

Hello.

I am awaiting a response from you . Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Good day, I sent you a picture pertaining to my question, however, you still haven't answered my question, I just keep getting an email from you telling me that your still waiting on my response. I feel as though I paid $50.00 for nothing.

Thank you very much for all the information provided.

I did receive the email and the photo however , I did not receive the notification .

Seeing the photo it looks like you've post inflammatory hyperpigmentation secondary to eczema.

You can treat it with the application of Aveeno Skin relief lotion on the area for 10 days.

This can be supplemented with the addition of Vitamin C serum on the area to reduce the intensity of the pigmentation.

This would help in lightening the dark spot.

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist