Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I also have another question as my penis foreskin has some

Customer Question
light pink lesions that seam...
I also have another question as my penis foreskin has some light pink lesions that seam to not totally go away and could this also be related. The stay in the same location in the top foreskin. Basically burn like the groin rash.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
2/27/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Thank you for your second query.

Do you have a photo of the lesion ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please see attached
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been blood tested 2 times in the last 12 month For std's and negative
Never had cultured. My doctor thought maybe a fugus and told me to try over counter fugal foot. Cream and that did nothing.

Did you have any injuries in the area before ?

They look like mild scarring .

You can apply Dermatrix gel on the area twice a day for 8 weeks

That would help in healing this area.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They have a itchy burn that comes and goes. I agree that they can appear like scars but the sores can almost fade away but never totally go away. The can also come up in different spots but always on the top half of the foreskn and never on underside. I have never had injury . Is there any chance this is herpes? I did receive oral sex from someone about a year ago that I did not know well but am not sexually active at all since basically because of this. What do you feel this could be and what is Dematrix ?

Thank you so much .

This could have been caused due to herpes. Herpes may have caused a damage within the deeper part of the skin of the penis and resulted in this kind of pink linear scar like lesions . that is the reason they never go away .

I would suggest you to apply dermatrix scar gel which would help improve the appearance of the area. This would help in reducing the pink texture on the skin.

do let me know if you have any further queries.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me stress that liesons and I have 2-4 at any given time
How do I confirm what they are and put the fear of the unknown to rest ?

I would suggest you to get a blood work up done. This would include herpes simplex immunoglobulin IgG and IgM for HSV1 and HSV2 .

This can help you get a better idea and direction to treatment accordingly.

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had all that and my MD said negative. Also said to see a dermatologist and would have to have it cultured. The liesions are different shapes some round some narrow and straight. The have a glossy shinny center when new . My MD isn't very knowledgable or very much help.

Yes , the shiny centre and odd shapes are suggestive of a scarring .

The application of the mentioned cream called Dermatrix would help resolve it .

The blood work may be negative now however it may have been caused by the inflammation much earlier. There is a possibility that when you had the inflammation the blood work would have been positive and now since the area is healed with scars and all we see are scars the blood work up could be negative in the present scenario.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Hello

I am awaiting a response from your end.

Do let me know . I would be happy to help.

Awaiting your response.

Regards

Dr Pravin

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist