Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a rash on my chest and neck- has been around for

Customer Question
about 4 weeks. Itchy and...
I have a rash on my chest and neck- has been around for about 4 weeks. Itchy and annoying
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
2/24/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Is there any discharge from the area ?

Is there any pain that you are getting when you touch or squeeze the area ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

My skin itches and the rash is also down the sides of armpits- please note I had a horrible GI bug a week and a half ago- GI bug went away but rash is still here. No discharge, a little painful almost feels like a sunburn or carpet rash.
Seem the rash is getting larger, moving to my neck and down my arm pits. Benadryl that didn't seem to help I sprayed some anti-itch spray that didn't help the rash started is a little spot on my chest about four weeks ago.
See pictures attached near arm pit on the right and left side.

Thank you for your reply and the images sent.

You should take Claritine at night daily for 10 days to reduce the itching .

You should apply the Cortaid and Canestan lotion on the area twice a day for 2 weeks.

It would help in reducing the symptoms.

This seems to be a fungal / yeast related irritation with secondary eczematization.

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

Is this related to agree? How does one get this type of rash? Is it related to the GI bug I had?

Thank you for your reply.

This is not related to the GI Bug. This can come from the yeast / fungal cells that are present on the body and cause inflammation and secondary eczema .

The itching tends to worsen the basic skin inflammation .

Do get back to me in case of any further queries.