Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Um this is kind of embarrassing but...why is my penis so…

Customer Question
Um this is kind of...
Um this is kind of embarrassing but...why is my penis so small? Im 20 years old, yet my penis is only 3 inches when fully erect. Is it a hormone imbalance or something?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
2/24/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

The size of the penis is considered a hormonal issue if the other features like lack of voice break at puberty , no hair in underarm and pubic areas , central truncal fat distribution.

If you have any of the above mentioned issue then it is a hormonal issue.

Otherwise it is just an anatomical / structural issue.

Please do remember that you can please any woman even with a 3 inch erect penis and you do not have to worry about the size . Do not be embarassed about the size of the penis . It is a very common to have a 3 inch erect penis in men.

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I guess its structural then...is there anything i can do to enlarge it though?

Enlarging penile size is possible by regularly exercising the muscle of the penis ( masturbation ) , or directly through surgical ( plastic surgery )

Well my girlfriend usually masterbates me on a daily basis

Please note that pills and creams for penis enlargement do not work and are mostly a hoax ( you may have seen advertisements over the internet )

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?

Repeated stroking of the penis from the base to the corona ( glans ) so called " milking " the penis can help in some cases . This again can be a part of masturbation that involves exercising the muscle.

Do you Agree with what i have mentioned ?