Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

After sex my girlfriends skin on her chest, legs and face…

Customer Question
After sex my girlfriends skin...
After sex my girlfriends skin on her chest, legs and face burn and itch can she be allergic to me and what can we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
2/23/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. SH, Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician

Thank you for your question.

Is there a rash over her body?

Any other symptoms?

Was this the first time you had sex with her?

Please let me know.

Regards

there is some redness, we have sex before

If this was the first time that she had itching and redness and not previously this means she is not allergic and this rash and itching may have coincidentally happened after the sex.

I would recommend using an over-the-counter antihistamine like claritin at a dose of 10 mg once daily to help with her symptoms.

She should be ok in a day or two at the most.

In the unlikely situation that her symptoms persist or worsen beyond a few days then I would recommend that she be seen to confirm the diagnosis and then be treated accordingly.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.
Kindest regards

actually it happened most of the time after sex. I stopped using cologne and after shave. can she be allergic to me?

I do not think that it is an allergy to you.

I think that it is related to you specifically.

Some ladies have this problem after having sex.

In the vast majority of cases this is nothing to worry about.

She can try using claritin 10 mg once daily for a couple of weeks and see if that helps with her symptoms.

Kindest regards

Kindest regards