Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have these lumps that are growing on my face. A punch

Customer Question
biopsy said sebaceous hyperplasia,...
I have these lumps that are growing on my face. A punch biopsy said sebaceous hyperplasia, but my dermatologist said it isn't presenting like what he has seen and isn't sure how to treat it. Any thoughts as to what it could be. It's had noticeable gotten larger and spread over the past 2 years. I would attach a photo but don't see where that option is
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
I also seem to have bumpy skin along my jaw line, neck and upper chest. It all seems to be increasing the anxiety I already deal with
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/21/2016
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Any more pics?

Here are a few additional pics of the bumps on my face

I see. That is interesting

I think it's benign but you need a more open biopsy. A whole spot removed

a punch biopsy isn't enough to tell? Also do areas like this continue to grow....I have these thoughts of it taking over my entire face....I know that sounds crazy, but it's constantly in my thoughts. They said it was too large of an area to remove since I guess it is on half of my right side. I use retina A on it right now but thay doesn't seem to have done anything. Also I feel pressure towards the top of my nose it feels like a constant sinus pressure...

No you might need a deeper biopsy. Sometimes a punch isn't enough

Have you seen anything like this before? I'm just nervous about why it continues to become more prominent

Yes, I have.

I think you can stop it we just need to find out exactly what it is

The punch biopsy wasnt conclusive

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply.

Today I had someone notice the bump outside the corner of my cheek. It feels Ike something is in hr middle of it. Could it be seperate from the areas higher up on my face....perhaps a cysts. I'm confused as to what you believe is going on and I'm struggling with the anxiety of feeling like my face is going to turn into a million bumps. Thanls for the followup

I'm not 100% sure what is going on. Like your doctor said, sebaceous hyperplasia is likely

An additional lesion could be a cyst. Yes.

However, I think the recommendation is the same. You need a more open biopsy to be sure

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)

If you have more question, just reply.