Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I had IVF and after using the Crinnone 8% progesterone gel I…

Customer Question
I had IVF and after...
I had IVF and after using the Crinnone 8% progesterone gel I had severe vaginal itching, 3 weeks on I still have it, I have tried oral and cream Canesten, 1% clormitrazole, Doctor is no help.
Please I can't take it anymore please help me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
The itch has spread to between my thighs and under my armpits. Just redness little red bumps no open sores. itch has also spread to my anal area. Please note vaginal itch is not STD all tests negative, no sexual contact for 7 weeks, swab test came back no pathgens for Thrush either. No smell no discharge at all. No burning when urinating.
2/20/2016
Dermatologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and thanks for the query.

This sounds more like an allergic reaction. Since, it is becoming generalized in distribution and causes itchiness with erythema.

I suggest that you apply Hydrocortisone cream 1 percent available over the counter on the affected areas twice a day, relieve the itch with Calamine lotion especially at night. You can also take an anti allergic medication like Cetrizine or Loratidine for a couple of days. Stop using all other creams that might be a cause of this.

Wear cotton linen without any polyester in them.

It would be worth while to think about Scabies as a possible reason to this as well. A doctor can identify a scabies rash easily, so visit your PCP when possible to get that ruled out.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes,

Dermatologist: DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath replied 2 years ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath

Hello

I see that you had IVF

Are you pregnant?

If so, you should not use cortisone cream without talking with your OB

It is not so much low dose creams that are harmful during pregnancy, but rather the over all cumulative effective of any cream use, and this must be measured by your doctor.

It is a bad idea to bypass your doctors recommendations, and we do not do that here.

I suggest you actually see a dermatologist for these lesions, and have one sent to the lab.

Cortisone is a blind treatment.

In the mean time, homeopathic calendula cream tends to clear up all harmless lesions, can be used for 3 times a day for three days or until improvement then as needed. It has no toxicity at all.

I am a double board certified clinical doctor from the US and I have years of experience in these situations.

Please click a positive here on this post only and come back as needed.

Also, find me in medical by request anytime.