Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Noticed bumps that looks like hair bumps on the shaft of my…

Customer Question
Noticed bumps that looks like...
Noticed bumps that looks like hair bumps on the shaft of my penis. I wouldn't say they were clusters but instead it was multiple bumps in different areas. They became extremely itchy but no pain. Most have cleared up and I want to note that I had saved with a razor a couple of weeks back. Here is the twist, I thought it may have been from the razor b/c it was one I kept on the soup dish in the shower and it was possible that the razor had dulled or even rusted. My genitals itched bad and the only relief came when I used gold bond or this bump patrol stuff. This caused me to look closer and I checked out my uretha and notched something that looked like a canker sore (freaked out) it was painless and it already started to disappear after 2days.... Any thoughts?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
2/17/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Nair, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

There isn't really anything there now. The bumps are gone as well as the canker sore looking thing is gone as well

Hello again,

Apologies did not get an alert that you had responded. Okay so bumps that disappear this quickly are just normally due to skin irritation from any reason (heat, friction, synthetic undergarments etc.) - in your case they were very likely caused due to the old/dull razor. I don't see any evidence of an STD in your history or clinical picture. Nothing to worry about and now that the problem has cleared no treatment is required.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

What about the canker like sore on the uretha that came in went? It's that possible irritation from scratching or rubbing? That's what worried me. Thanks in advance

Also probably skin irritation - a canker sore is very painful and lasts 7-10 days, same thing with a herpes sore.