Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I had an unprotected encounter 11 weeks ago, and have

Customer Question
Hello,I had an unprotected sexual...
Hello,I had an unprotected sexual encounter 11 weeks ago, and have experienced troubling symptoms which I've asked questions about on here . The biggest concern is regarding ongoing urinary symptoms of frequency , slight burning with urination, redness in the meatus , and penile pain. I have been diagnosed with prostatitis, but have a growth on the opening of the urethra that is troubling. I've also developed some white bumps on my lips, as well as intra oral ulcers that have me worried.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Some pictures of the areas in question.
2/17/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Any blood tests done till date ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

At 4 weeks, had negative Urine and blood tests, including hsv-2. I tested positive for hsv-1, but have gotten cold sores on my lip since childhood.

Thank you for all the images sent .

There is no sign of STD in these.

The opening of the urethra has just a occluded gland ( ectopic sebaceous gland ) which is totally benign and non infectious. Nothing to worry.

The white spots on the lips look like Fordyce spots .

The oral ulcers look like stress apthae which can be treated with application of oral canestan lotion or cortaid mouth lotion.

Do not worry .

The first two are self resolving conditions .

Have antibiotics been given for your urinary symptoms and prostatitis ?

Oh good! That's a relief to hear that. All these troublesome symptoms occurring at the same time just seem to make the stress worse. I am on antibiotics, and have been on cipro for about two months with little to no improvement. It's discouraging especially the waxing and waning nature of the symptoms
It seems to flare up badly for 2-3 days after ejaculation, so I've been abstaining from that. Is it normal for fordyce spots on the lips to show up suddenly? They seemed to have popped up over night and are a little tender/ red
Also, the spots on the lips seem
To hurt or become irritated frequently . Is it ok to use an antibacterial ointment ?

Yes , Fordyce spots are seen on the lips can be seen suddenly.

You can use Neosporin ointment if they are irritated or burning .

You would need to show the doctor for the review of drug regarding your prostatitis.

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Just found this spot in the public area too, does this look like hpv?

Thank you for your photo sent.

Yes , it does look like a filiform hpv wart.

The texture of the skin , the morphology resembles it.

You can get it removed at the Doctors clinic.

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

More pictures of the lips and mouth. Is it possible that these could be warts on the lips? There are a lot of them, some of them with a red base. No blistering at all, but they are palpable with my tongue. And the intra oral white spots, not sure what those can be related to
Last one, one new lesion I've never noticed before.

Thank you very much for your reply.

No , these spots do not look like warts.

The oral lesions on the gum are do look like oral aphtae which are not related to the fordyce spots on the lips.

The oral lesions will go away with the application of Cortaid or Canestan mouth paste.

Any idea what the last one is?

Thank you for your reply.

The last image is more of a focal dry skin ( follicular eczema)

It would respond to the application of cortaid and canestan cream applied twice a day for 10 days.

You can get the creams over the counter.

It's raised and somewhat textured , fits follicular eczema?

Thanks for the better picture sent..

Does not look like follicular eczema in this.

It looks more like a wart/fleshy in appearance .

It needs to be checked with a dermatoscopy.

This will help in good magnification of the area.