Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I was wondering if this looks like psoriasis. My son is

Customer Question
Hi I was wondering if...
Hi I was wondering if this looks like psoriasis. My son is three and has had this off and on his scalp since he was a baby. His primary care doctor kind of brushed it off saying it was dry scalp. I have tried oils and softly removing the scales and I use a deep conditioner on his hair but it just comes back.it seems itchy to him too. His hair is course but his father also has very thick hair. I have pictures to upload for you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
2/14/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Is there any family history of psoriasis?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I have it possibly and my mother and her brother

Thank you for your reply.

From the appearance of the scales on the skin and the texture of the scalp skin underneath , this looks like seborrheic dermatitis.

This condition can be treated with the application of Arcolane shampoo for the scalp area for this variant of Sebopsoriasis.

This shampoo used twice a week will help for the clearance of the scalp area.

You can also apply Oilve oil on the scalp three days a week at night.

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks. I used olive oil yesterday and what an amazing difference!

Thank you so much .

I have released the rating service application on your page.

Please do provide me a feedback for my opinion provided.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.