How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4069
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a rash that has started on my scrotum to have

Customer Question

I have a rash that has started on my scrotum to have migrated up to my penis. It is itchy and red. I was bitten by something in bed about 3 weeks ago and it seemed to start about that time. I have been using hydrocortisone cream and it seems to get a little better and sometimes almost gone but it will come back with a fury. I can't seem to get rid of it. I have noticed that there are many blood vessels breaking also on the shaft. Could I be allergic to something? I haven't had sex in a year with an ex girlfriend.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am not circumcised and I noticed the skin on the tip getting very hard or leathery... Not soft like it usually is.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.


Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Hello . How are you doing ?

I am still awaiting a reply from your end.

I was wondering if I can assist you in your concern.Do let me know if you have any queries.

I would be happy to help you

Warm Regards

Dr Pravin