Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

For the first time ever I have an ingrown hair on my upper

Customer Question
lip.At first I thought it...
For the first time ever I have an ingrown hair on my upper lip.At first I thought it was a cold sore.Swelling has gone down because I haven't shaved my upper lip.But hair that is supposed to be growing isn't appearing. I'm 57 with touches of gray hair. I can swear I can see the tips of gray hair. They're just not coming through the skin.Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
2/13/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No need to send you a pic. The condition has just about healed. I would just like to know what I can do if I ever get another ingrown hair. What kind of medicine should I apply? How long should it take to heal? Any other tips would be helpful. Thanks.

Thank you so much for the reply.

I would recommend you to apply Vaniqa cream that would help prevent the appearance of hair and ingrowth.

This cream you can get at the pharmacy . You may need a prescription from the doctor.

It would take around 1 months to heal .

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Hello Rich

I am awaiting a reply from you .

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards

Dr Pravin Banodkar

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist