Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a painful to the touch lump under my left jawline.

Customer Question
It's not near my ear...
I have a painful to the touch lump under my left jawline. It's not near my ear nor my chin or is it near my neck. I do not have cold sores but I do have acne. I thought it was a pimple at first and out of habit tryed to pop it. I used a pimple popping tool and instead popping it just bruised. Also (I don't know if it has anything to do with it )my breasts are really sore and tender to touch. What is wrong with me???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/11/2016
Dermatologist: dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 2 years ago
dr abid
dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question .

Lump under chin could be Enlarged lymph node and this is usually seen in normal subjects in few cases without obvious reason .

Tenderness in lump indicates some acute inflammation in its drainage area , this is not usually the drainage area of breast .

Tooth or some gradually built up inflammation could be reason .

I will suggest you to have Tab Ibuprofen 200 mg three times a day for 3-5 days it will be fine .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .