How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 46364
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 28 year old female with skin. My skin started growing

Customer Question

Hey, I am a 28 year old female with white skin. My skin started growing dime sized red spots on my arms two weeks ago, then spread to my shoulders and back. It has been two weeks now since it first started, and they slightly itch. The number of red spots has been increasing as well. I took pictures of them. What would your diagnosis be? If I were to see a dermatologist in person, what tests would they ask me to go under in your opinion? Do you have any idea about the possible costs of these tests here in Texas? Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

can you upload a clear jpg photo of your skin so I can better help you.

here are instructions.

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

that looks like eczema and severe dry skin.

I would try 1% hydrocortisone cream on the area twice a day for 2 weeks and see if it helps.

a dermatologist would have stronger prescription steroid creams than over the counter hydrocortisone cream.

dermatologist would try creams first and see what responds and go from there.

most likely no need for tests or biopsy at this point.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using