Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a skin cyst drained 2 weeks ago under my breast. The…

Customer Question
I had a skin cyst...
I had a skin cyst drained 2 weeks ago under my breast. The dermatologist drained it and I went home and it drained for a couple of days. I went to see the doctor yesterday because breast area is sore. She said that it healed up nicely and its normal for soreness because she pushed and drained for a few min. Still s little sore, is it normal! The cyst is under breast and I have large breasts. Bad spot
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
2/3/2016
Dermatologist: khagihara, Medical doctor replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor

Can you attach the photos here? Is there redness, warmness?

No redness
The doctor examined me yesterday

It doesn't seem to be infection so far. It could be just inflammation. You should take over-the-counter pain medication. If it becomes red and warm, you should see the doctor.

What do you recommend? Why is it still sore?

Did you have ultrasound for the area before the drainage?

No
It's a skin cyst she removed the wall

Did the cyst contain pus?

it did
what do you think? Soreness?

Did she remove the whole wall?

she did I already stated that

It is difficult to say what it is. It could be hematoma under the skin. You should have ultrasound.

What is hematoma?

blood clot with bleeding after removing the cyst

Is it dangerous? I just looked up and it says it's bruising. Why wouldn't my doctor tell me this yesterday !

It is not dangerous. It will be absorbed if it is not getting bigger. You should take over-the-counter pain medication such as Naproxen.

Is that why its sore?
Why wouldn't dermatologist tell me this yesterday?

I guess she thought it will be absorbed.

That's why it is sore. It should be all right. Take pain medication.

Any medication you suggest?
What do you recommend for pain?

Aleve or Advil with Nexium to protect the stomach