Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I get raised bumps usually behind my knees or between my…

Customer Question
Hello, I get raised bumps usually...
I get raised bumps usually behind my knees or between my thighs they come and go, i notice them more of a night time, it gets very itchy and the more i itch the more it spreads
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
2/2/2016
Dermatologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and thanks for the query,

This is most probably bed bugs bite. I would suggest you dhould inspect your bed and linens for these bugs as itching at night with such rashes is typical symptom, Other possibility is scabies which also cause itching at night time. Use antiscabies lotion which is available over the counter. Remove all clutter from your home, which makes finding bed bugs easier..Wash and dry your bed linens on the hottest temperature permitted. Closely inspect any second-hand furniture before bringing it in your home..Inspect your home after moving, trips, service calls or overnight guests.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

I have checked my bed and cleaned all my bedding, i have not come across bed bugs. I also have tried scabies cream..

Then there is a possibility of allergic dermatitis i would suggest you should visit your dermatologist to get exact diagnosis and treatment accordingly.

Wish you good health.