How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 46707
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have red blotchy circles around my eyes, it has been

Customer Question

I have red blotchy circles around my eyes, it has been chronic for about 2 years. What can I do ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

can you upload a clear jpg photo of these red blotchy circle from a computer?

here are instructions?

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These aren't great but maybe usful
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it looks like you have some outbreak of acne on your forehead and your left cheek.

in some parts of the country, there is some early warm weather which can cause allergy symptoms and red eyes and itchy eyes and redness around the eyes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe, like I said I have had red blotchy marks around my eyes for a couple years now, the picture does not show it well. It is most evident on my left eye between my eye brow and eyelid. It becomes very red and has dry skin as well. It appears under my eye as well. It has been persistent for nearly two years. I have tried various OTC creams, but it has never cleared. It is also present on right eye in the same areas
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it could be mild local eczema reactive skin

have you tried 1% hydrocortisone steroid cream on the area

it could be a mild skin fungal infection

have you tried 1% clotrimazole antifungal cream? antifungal creams need to be used for 4-6 weeks to work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried a hydrocortisone cream, it seemed to lighten up bit was still persistent. Can I get clotrimazole OTC? I will try that.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, you can get antifungal clotimazole cream over the counter

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using