Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a open wound on my penis that hurts A lot it doenst…

Customer Question
I have a open wound...
I have a open wound on my penis that hurts A lot it doenst look like a pimple but just a gash was taken in out it's red all around it and it hurts a lot to touch it I'm scared in have herpies oh and there are a couple red spots on n shaft away from the affected area that showed up but they don't hurt
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
2/1/2016
Dermatologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and thanks for the query.

Do you have a recent history of unprotected sexual contact with anyone of unknown STD status?

How long have you had the sore for?

Is the pain sharp and tingling?

Can you attach a picture?

I had u protected sex but I know she doesn't have anything and I've had this sore for about 4 days now and the pain is sharp it doesn't look like it's growing at all but still painful to the touch and I cant send u a picture

Hi and thanks for the query.

Fungal lesions are characteristically itchy and develop a white crust around them, they are not painful.

An open sore on the penis which stings or develops a sharp pain is a characteristic of herpes sore.

The best way however, to evaluate a herpetic lesion is by visual analysis, since I have not seen the lesion, it is difficult to determine its etiology correctly. The symptoms you exhibit are of a herpetic lesion. The best course of action will be to see your PCP for an examination and a more thorough evaluation.

I would suggest that you apply Fucidic acid + hydrocortisone ointment on the lesion available OTC for the time being to prevent secondary bacterial infection on the sore.

Hope this helps.
I only get paid for my work on this site if you rate this answer by using the star system on the top of your screen. The conversation can be continued even after the rating.

Best wishes.

Actually I did send you a picture did u get it?

Thanks for the picture.

These do look like herpetic lesions.

You should see your PCP for further evaluation and confirmation of the diagnosis.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Your 100% certain?

With these lesions 100 percent certainty can only be achieved when one has examined the lesion and tested it. Tests are cell culture and a PCR blood test.

That is why I have suggested that you see your PCP.

Best wishes.