Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Diagnosed with Celulitis for the first time last Thursday…

Customer Question
Diagnosed with Celulitis for the...
Diagnosed with Celulitis for the first time last Thursday night(it is Sun night now in Aus).Went to the er and was given staphylex 5000mg as antibiotic.1 tablet every 6 hrs.Leg not as uncomfortable and tight but still red and swollen.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
1/31/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Regrettably I am unable to send photo at the moment.I am sat in my recliner leg elevated and settled for the night.It is 11pm in Australia.I will send a photo in the morning.In the mean time could you please still help me.
Thank you

Yes , sure I would do my best to assist you without the help of the photo report.

Are you still on the antibiotic ?

Are you getting fever ?

Are you getting pain on the area ?

Does the pain increase on the pressing the area?

Is your full ankle red or is it red half way up the knee?

I am still on antibiotic.
No I do not have a fever.
I have pain in the area when I stand up and walk
My ankle is red and the redness is all over from my ankle to just under my knee

Thank you for your query.

You would definitely need to continue with the antibiotic.

The fact that there is no fever is a good sign .

The pain and swelling is a sign that the cellulitis is still present and normally this takes around 2 to 3 weeks to resolve.

You should also take an anti inflammatory like over the counter Tylenol along with an anti acidity medication and the antibiotic as stated above to assist in faster healing.

Hello

Please do let me know if you still have your concern. I am awaiting a message from you .

I would be happy to help you

Hello . I am still awaiting a reply from your end.

Please do let me know if you still have your concern.

I would be happy to help you

Warm Regards

Dr Pravin