Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 37 and I started noticing a penile depigmentation that…

Customer Question
I am 37 and I...
I am 37 and I started noticing a penile depigmentation that started approximately 3 months ago. I also noticed that it has grown in size a bit since then. There is no pain, no sores but I can feel, by touching it, that the skin is little bit dryer in that area.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
I have been dealing with IBS for the past year and possibly leaky gut syndrome.
There has been not itchiness either, I noticed by accident.
1/29/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have history of Diabetes?

Do you have history of allergies to latex ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Hi doctor. I don't have diabetes and I don't have allergy to latex either.
After taking a closer look and stretching the skin I realized I can't see any discoloration, it seems the discoloration is from dry skin and there isn't an actual depigmentation of the skin. I guess it's just "ashy". So, the question is, what is causing this spot to be dry for all these months?

Thank you so much for your reply.

Do you have any history of allergies in general ?

Do you have history of contact with any condoms ?

I have allergies to pollen, that's it.
Do I have history of contact with any condoms? Yes, I have come into contact with condoms?
Are you asking me if I have allergies from condoms?
No, I don't, I answered that when you asked me about latex doctor.

Thank you so much for your confirmation.

This definitely looks like a focal spot of eczema and that is the reason the spot is dry all these months.

You would need to treat it with the combination application of Cortaid cream and Canestan cream on the area twice a day for 2 weeks. This would help remove the inflammation from the root and solve your problem.

Do apply Eucerin repair cream or lotion once a day to keep the area hydrated and moisturized.

Hello

Please do let me know if you still have your concern. I am awaiting a message from you .

I would be happy to help you

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist