Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Hair doesn't grow on the body except in pubic area is that a…

Customer Question
Hair doesn't grow on the...
Hair doesn't grow on the body except in pubic area is that a problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
1/25/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

this is not usually a problem.

hair body growth distribution is affected by ethnicity and age usually and gender

I bet you have some very fine hair growth on your body skin outside of your pubic area.

male patter hair loss can cause hair loss or no hair growth on head.

sometimes thyroid abnormalities can affect hair growth.

has this been a long time that you have not had hair growth?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com