Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a small raised area near my scalp. I just found it…

Customer Question
I have a small raised...
I have a small raised area near my scalp. I just found it the other day. I'm wondering if I could get someone to look at a picture of it to give me a educated guess on what it possibly could be.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Pic
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/22/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Nair, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Do these bumps hurt or itch? Do they feel soft or hard to the touch?

It was hurting the other day when I found it so I shaved around it to see it better. It looked really scaly and dry the first day. And then it seems to have gotten firmer and is not healing after I had shaved the surface.

Thank you for the information. The picture blurs on zooming in so its hard to certain that's what they are but from what I can see these bumps look like warts to me. Warts are skin infection with a virus and harmless apart from the bumps they produce. You can have your doctors freeze these off in a few minutes, that should sort out the problem. There is unfortunately no over the counter medicine which works reliably for warts in the scalp/face region. You can also just wait and watch - sometimes wart clear on their own over a few months.